Jersey Jan's Rice Pudding (T&T)
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 2 quarts whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pint whole milk*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* To make it creamier and thicker, I use half-and-half or heavy cream)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix together rice, 2 quarts whole milk, sugar and salt and bring to a boil. Lower
heat and boil about 50 minutes until rice is cooked. Stir regularly.
- Add together the 1 pint whole milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat well and add
very slowly to rice mixture to thicken. Bring to a boil and take off the heat. You
can add some yellow food coloring if you want to.
- Transfer pudding to a 3-quart
dish, sprinkle with cinnamon and cover with clear wrap and refrigerate until cold.
Posted at Recipe Goldmine 3:05:09pm 9/13/03.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes