Kahlua Creme Brulee
- 7 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup Kahlua liqueur
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Position an oven rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar.
- In a medium-size saucepan, stir together the heavy cream and coffee. Set over
medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the coffee granules. Slowly
whisk the hot cream into the yolks. Whisk in the Kahlua and vanilla extract.
- Ladle the mixture into 8 round shallow broiler-proof serving dishes about 3 inches wide
and about 1 inch deep. Set dishes in a shallow baking pan. Add boiling water to
the pan to come halfway up the sides of the dishes.
- Bake until the tops are set,
about 30 minutes. The custards will remain jiggly until they are completely chilled.
- Remove from the water bath and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Heat broiler. With your fingers, press the brown sugar through a strainer onto
the custards in an even, fluffy layer. Wipe any excess sugar from the edges of the
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat source until the sugar liquefies and begins
to caramelize, rotating dishes to brown evenly and watching carefully to avoid burning.
- Refrigerate the finished Creme Brulee for at least for hour before serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes