Kentucky Tombstone Pudding
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup
- 24 almond macaroon cookies
- Dash of cream of tartar
- Dash of salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- Beat egg yolks in a medium saucepan until thick and lemon colored.
- Mix 1 cup sugar and flour, and beat into yolks. Add sherry and cook over low
heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Arrange cookies in a 9-inch square baking dish. Pour egg yolk mixture over cookies.
Add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites beat until stiff, gradually adding 2
tablespoons sugar. Beat until sugar is dissolved. Pour egg whites over custard,
spreading to edges of pan. Decorate top by placing almonds on end.
- Bake at 300 degrees
F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
Posted by FootsieBear at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: Jennifer Varney Sturm, Harlan, Harlan County, Kentucky