Lemon Magic Pudding
One simple batter produces the magic of both light sponge cake and delicious,
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon
butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- In separate bowl, stir together sugar,
flour and salt. Whisk in lemon rind, juice, butter, milk and egg yolks. Fold beaten
whites into lemon mixture.
- Pour into greased 1-quart baking dish. Place in pan of hot water to 1-inch depth.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is lightly
- Serve warm or cold.
Makes about 4 servings.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine April 27, 2001.