Lemon Pudding Custard
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 cups
skim or low-fat milk, heated until very hot
- Cooking spray
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Jam, jelly or fruit preserves
- Lemon peel strips, optional
- Fresh mint
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, juice, grated peel, vanilla and salt,
if desired, until well blended. Stir in milk. Place 6 (6-ounce) spray-coated custard
cups in large baking pan. Pour egg mixture into custard cups.
- Place pan on rack
in preheated 350 degrees F oven.
- our very hot water into pan to within 1/2 inch
of top of custards.
- Bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove promptly from hot water. Cool on wire rack for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm
- Invert onto individual plates. Arrange sliced strawberries around each
custard. Spoon jam on top of each custard. Garnish with lemon peel strips and mint
leaves, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Reprinted with permission from
the American Egg Board.