Lincoln and Lee Pudding
This recipe was printed in a newspaper sometime before 1943. This
makes an easy, quick, wonderful dessert, and it's especially good with half-and-half poured over.
- 1/4 pound margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup flour
cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/3 cup milk, or
more as needed
- Combine margarine, brown sugar and water in saucepan; bring to boil. Pour into
a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Separately mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add nuts and raisins, if
desired, then enough milk to make dumpling dough.
- Drop by spoonsful on top of boiled
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, until top is browned.
Makes 4 servings.