Magic Pudding with Preserves
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons Calumet Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or other shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Sift flour once, measure, add baking powder and salt, and sift together three
- Cream butter; add sugar gradually, and cream together thoroughly. Add egg,
then flour, alternately with milk, a small amount at a time. Beat well after each
- Turn into greased mold; cover, and steam 2 hours.
- Serve hot with cherry preserves.