- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups hot milk
- 2 envelopes
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons blanched, chopped almonds
- 2/3 cup raisins
- Small piece of citron, finely cut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat egg yolks with sugar; stir in hot milk. Cook in double boiler until custard
coats the spoon, stirring constantly.
- Dissolve gelatine in cold water. Add to hot milk mixture and stir until dissolve.
Add almonds, raisins, citron and a little salt.
- Cool until the mixture is thick
enough to mound on a spoon.
- Fold in the beaten whites and vanilla extract.
- Chill in a mold until firm.
- Serve with plain or whipped cream.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.