Normandy Chocolate Mousse
- 12 ladyfingers, split
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups sifted confectioners'
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped
- Whipped cream
- Line 13 x 9-inch pan with wax paper. Arrange ladyfingers around sides and bottom
- Cream butter. Gradually add sugar, creaming until light and fluffy. Add
egg yolks, one at a time. Beat until smooth after each addition.
- Blend in milk, vanilla and rum extracts. Blend in chocolate.
- Beat egg whites
until stiff but not dry, and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Fold in pecans and pour
into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, invert on serving plate; remove wax paper.
- Decorate top with whipped
cream and cut into slices.
Yield: 12 to 15 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.