- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons
- 1 1/2 pints whipping cream, whipped
- Vanilla extract, to
- Sugar, to taste
- Beat egg yolks. Add the 1 1/2 cups sugar, then fold in the stiffly beaten egg
whites. Add nuts, the 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and baking powder mixed with flour.
- Bake in 3 cake pans lined with paper and greased and floured at 380 degrees F for
- Turn out of pans to cool.
- Meanwhile, whip cream and add vanilla extract and sugar to taste.
- Stack layers
with whipped cream several hours before serving.
Keeps 2 or 3 days in refrigerator.