Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding
This is also good warm served over vanilla ice cream or as a pie filling.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix together sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Beat eggs until no white of egg shows.
Add egg mixture along with milk to dry mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until thick,
stirring constantly. When the pudding is thickened, stir in butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour into serving dish(es) and refrigerate.
Lemon Pudding: Omit cocoa; increase flour
to 1 cup; add 1/2 cup lemon juice; omit vanilla extract.
Coconut Pudding: Omit cocoa; increase flour to 1 cup; add 1 cup coconut.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes