Old-Fashioned Rock Cream
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sprinkle gelatine over cold water in a medium saucepan; let mixture stand 1 minute.
- Beat egg yolks well; add yolks, sugar and 1 cup of the milk to gelatine mixture,
stirring until blended. Cook over low heat until mixture is hot (do not boil). Stir
in remaining 1 cup milk and cook until mixture begins to simmer. Simmer 1 minute,
stirring constantly; cool.
- Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) at high speed of an electric mixer until
foamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Fold
egg whites and flavorings into yolk mixture.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 4-cup mold. Cover mixture and let chill.
- Unmold onto a serving platter; arrange strawberries around mold.
Makes 8 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes