Orange Steamed Pudding with Orange Hard Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
Orange Hard Sauce
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- Confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pudding: In large bowl, cream butter. Add sugar, a little at a time, and continue
beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and add to butter mixture
alternately with orange juice. Stir in orange peel and lemon peel. Pour batter into
well-greased 1-quart steamed pudding mold and cover tightly with lid. Place mold
on rack in kettle with tight fitting lid. Add enough hot water to kettle to reach
two-thirds up sides of mold.
- Steam pudding, covered, for 2 hours over moderate heat.
- Remove mold from kettle and let stand on rack, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Invert pudding onto a plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Orange Hard Sauce: Cream butter. Beat in confectioners' sugar, a little at
a time. Add orange peel and orange juice and beat mixture until fluffy. Transfer
to a serving bowl.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes