- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen fresh peaches, preferably home-frozen
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup juice, drained from
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 pint whipping cream,
- Drain juice from peaches and set peaches aside.
- Sprinkle gelatine on juice to soften.
- Beat egg yolks and water together and add
to gelatine mixture. Cook in double boiler until gelatine is dissolved and mixture
is somewhat thickened. Remove from heat; add lemon juice, salt and almond extract.
- Chill slightly.
- Purée peaches and add to cooled mixture.
- Beat egg whites until thick and add
sugar gradually, beating until stiff. Fold into peach mixture.
- Whip the cream. Reserve
some for garnish; fold remainder into mixture.
- Place in dessert dishes and chill
- Garnish with whipped cream.