Peach and Pearl Tapioca Pudding
- 1/2 cup large pearl tapioca, soaked in water overnight
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ripe peaches,
peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain water from tapioca.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix tapioca with milk, salt, sugar and eggs; transfer to a heavy-bottom, non-aluminum
Dutch oven with lid. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cover; place in oven, and bake for 45 minutes or until the pearls are translucent,
stirring once or twice. Remove from oven; chill.
- When ready to serve, whip cream to firm peaks and fold into pudding.
- Fold in
peaches, liqueur and vanilla extract; serve at once.
Yield: 6 servings
Per serving: 363 calories, 6 grams protein, 43 grams carbohydrates, 19 grams
fat, 136 milligrams cholesterol, 165 milligrams sodium