Peanut Butter and Chocolate Soufflé
Chocolate pudding gives a creamy quality (and stability) to these yummy soufflés.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 small box regular chocolate pudding mix
- 3 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- Whipped cream
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine milk, peanut butter, and pudding mix. Cook and stir
over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Place egg yolks in
a large mixing bowl. Gradually stir chocolate mixture into the egg yolks. Stir in
- Cover surface of mixture with plastic wrap.
- Cool mixture about 15 minutes.
- In a medium mixing, bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into partially
cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into 6 ungreased 6-ounce custard cups. Place cups
in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and place in the oven. Pour boiling water into baking
pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake soufflés in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until centers shake slightly.
- Serve hot or chilled with whipped cream and chopped peanuts, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.