Peanut Butter Mousse
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 2/3 cups peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, room
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate, shaved
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer.
- Place the peanut butter chips
in a medium mixing bowl. Pour the hot milk over the chips, let stand for about 30
seconds, then stir until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the
peanut butter and stir just until smooth.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes until cooled.
- Whip the cream in a medium bowl. Fold it into the peanut butter mixture. Spoon
the mousse into 6 dessert bowls or glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes
or for up to 6 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the shaved chocolate.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving: 561 Calories; 44g Fat (67.9% calories from fat); 18g Protein;
29g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 61mg Cholesterol; 246mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 7 1/2 Fat; 1
1/2 Other Carbohydrates