- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over water; let stand for 1 minute.
- Add milk
and peppermint patties; stir over low hat for 5 minutes or until candies and gelatine
- Add vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour into a mixing bowl; place in freezer
for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture is cooled and thickened.
- Beat for 1 minute or until fluffy.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into serving dishes.
- Garnish with fresh mint and peppermint patties, if desired.
Yields 4 to 6 servings.