- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings, drained
- Candied cherries, optional
- Boil noodles in boiling salted water just until softened; do not cook through.
Rinse, and drain.
- Beat the eggs with the melted butter. Mix in sugar, crushed pineapple with juice,
vanilla extract and cinnamon. Stir in the noodles.
- Spread into a greased 13 x 9-inch
baking pan. Place pineapple rings decoratively over the top. Place a cherry in the
center of each ring, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes, or until golden.