- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 3 extra large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat water and the 2/3 cup sugar together in a small heavy saucepan. Bring mixture
to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Lower heat to medium-high. Swirl the pan
gently until the syrup turns a rich golden brown - about 12 minutes. Pour the caramel
into a 10-inch pie plate or 4-cup custard mold. Swirl it around to coat the mold
evenly. When the syrup sets, turn the mold upside down on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat eggs and egg yolks with the 1/2 cup sugar until
they are well blended. Pour the half-and-half into the egg mixture, beating continually.
Pour the pomegranate juice into the mixture and beat until well combined. Pour the
custard through a sieve into the pie plate or mold. Place the mold in an ovenproof
pan and pour boiling water halfway up the sides of the plate or mold.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the flan comes out
clean. The flan will be soft and creamy. Remove the mold from the pan of water and
cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes