- 2 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatine
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs,
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon
fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon whipping
- 2 teaspoons chopped pistachio nuts, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate
seeds, for garnish
- Mix gelatine and sugar in a heavy saucepan.
- Whisk egg yolks and water together; stir into gelatine mixture. Cook over medium-low
heat (do not boil), stirring constantly until gelatine and sugar dissolve, about
- Remove from heat; stir in pomegranate juice and lemon juice. Refrigerate
pomegranate mixture, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped
from a spoon, about 2 1/2 hours.
- When pomegranate mixture is ready, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; thoroughly
fold into pomegranate mixture. Reserve.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form; thoroughly fold into pomegranate mixture.
- Divide mixture among 8 ounce parfait glasses; chill for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, garnish each parfait with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle each
with some of the chopped pistachio nuts and pomegranate seeds.
Source: Pomegranate Council
For 1 cup of juice, put 1 1/2 to 2 cups seeds in a blender; blend until
liquefied. Pour mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve.
Variations: Freeze the filled glasses, before adding garnish. Use as a filling
in a baked pie shell.
Per serving: calories 346, fat 19.4g, 49% calories from fat, cholesterol
155mg, protein 5.0g, carbohydrates 40.1g, fiber 0.2g, sugar 37.5g, sodium 49mg,
diet points 9.0
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.1, Vegetable: 0.0, Fruit: 0.3, Bread: 0.0, Lean
meat: 0.4, Fat: 3.6, Sugar: 2.0, Very lean meat protein: 0.2