Pumpkin Raisin Custards
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 can (16 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
- 1 can (13
ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, pumpkin, milk, sugar, spice and salt, if desired,
until well blended. Place 6 (6- to 10-ounce) custard cups in large baking pan. Pour
about 2/3 cup egg mixture into each custard cup. Sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon
- Place pan on rack in preheated 350 degrees F oven. Pour very hot water
into pan to within 1/2 inch of top of custards.
- Bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove promptly from hot water. Cool on wire rack about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or refrigerate to serve chilled.
Makes 6 servings
Reprinted with permission from
the American Egg Board.