Like traditional tiramisu, this pumpkin variation builds on the rich goodness
of mascarpone and the strong flavor of coffee, but it's enhanced with the warm flavor
of pumpkin pie spice.
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Wisconsin mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 (3-ounce) packages of ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup strong coffee or espresso
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3-ounce package of ladyfingers
pie spice, for dusting
- Line 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap; set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla
to soft peaks.
- In separate bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice
until smooth. Fold whipped cream into pumpkin mixture.
- Spread bottom of loaf pan with layer of pumpkin cream. Arrange layer of ladyfingers
side by side on top. Drizzle 1/3 of coffee or espresso over ladyfingers.
- Repeat layers of pumpkin cream and ladyfingers two more times (final layer of
ladyfingers may extend above pan sides). You will have some ladyfingers left.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, invert tiramisu onto plate. and remove plastic wrap. Gently press reserved
ladyfingers side-by-side onto sides of tiramisu.
- Beat 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla to soft peaks and spoon
on top of tiramisu.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
Recipe and photograph provided used with permission from
the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.