- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened
and bubbly. Stir a small amount into the egg yolk; return all to saucepan. Cook
and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and cool; then chill.
- Remove plastic and garnish with berries before serving.
Source: Country Home - August 1990