Rich and Creamy Avocado Flan
The velvety texture of avocado adds a level of decadence to this custardy dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 ripe fresh
Hass avocado, pitted, and peeled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 1 cup sugar and water in small heavy saucepan over low heat stirring until
- Increase heat to medium-high; wipe the inside of the pan with a wet cloth to
remove sugar crystals. Cook, without stirring, about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Divide caramel between 8 custard cups; swirl to coat bottoms. Place cups in 13
x 9-inch baking pan.
- In blender, combine milk, avocado, eggs, vanilla and salt; puree until smooth.
Divide mixture among custard cups.
- Carefully fill baking pan with enough hot water to 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until just set in center.
- Remove to wire rack to cool slightly.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, run small knife around edge of the baking dish. Turn over; shake gently
Servings: 8 | Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes plus chilling time
One serving= (60 grams)
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 280; Total Fat 8 g (Sat 2.5 g,
Trans 0 g); Cholesterol 100 mg; Sodium 210 mg; Total Carbohydrates 43 g; Dietary
Fiber 2 g; Sugars 41 g; Protein 6 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 1%; Vitamin C 3%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may
be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Recipe and photo credit:
Hass Avocado Board.