Ring of Orange Flan
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 to 8 egg yolks
- 1 (12 ounce)
can evaporated milk
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- Heat 3/4 cup sugar in heavy skillet over medium heat until melted and golden.
Pour into a 4- to 5-cup ring mold; tip mold carefully to coat bottom evenly. Set
- Combine whole eggs, yolks, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in bowl. Whisk to blend
thoroughly. Stir in evaporated milk, orange peel and orange liqueur. Pour into prepared
mold. Place mold into a large pan; pour in water to come halfway up mold.
- Bake in
a 325 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until custard is almost set in center.
- Let cool to room temperature; refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve: Carefully run a think knife around edges. Invert onto serving plate.
Let stand until flan releases from mold and sugar syrup drains onto plate.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 17, 2001.