Southern Sweet Potato Pudding
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 cups grated sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons softened butter or margarine
- In bowl, combine sweet potatoes, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
Blend well. Stir in almonds and orange peel.
- Spoon into buttered 2-quart shallow baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours or until pudding is set.
- Serve hot with country ham or roasted chicken.
Makes 12 servings.
If desired, spoon about 1/3 cup bourbon over pudding just before serving,
or top with 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows and bake 5 minutes longer to melt marshmallows.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes