Steamed Brownie Pudding
with Raspberry Sauce
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Generously butter inside of 8-cup steamed pudding mold or Bundt pan. Dust with
sugar, tapping out excess. Generously butter inside of lid.
- Chop chocolate and melt
in double boiler over hot, not simmering, water. Remove from heat and cool until
- Separate eggs. Beat yolks and sugar on high about 3 minutes, until mixture is
pale yellow and forms a thick ribbon when beaters are lifted. Beat in cooled chocolate
and vanilla extract.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and beat into chocolate
mixture just until mixed. Stir in pecans.
- Beat egg whites with clean dry beaters in clean dry bowl at low speed until foamy.
Add salt, increase speed to high, and continue beating until they begin to form
stiff peaks. Stir 1/4 of whites into chocolate mixture to lighten, then carefully
fold in remaining whites.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Cover with lid or aluminum
- Place covered mold in large pot, and add enough boiling water to come halfway
up sides of mold. Cover pot tightly and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat
to low and steam pudding, keeping water simmering at all times and adding water
as necessary, until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour and
- Transfer pudding to wire cake rack and cool 5 minutes.
- Puree raspberries, sugar, liqueur, and lemon juice. Strain to remove seeds.
pudding into wedges and serve warm with sauce.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 11/17/2001 2:27 pm.
Source: Best-Ever Brownies MM by Sylvia Steiger, Genie