Steamed Carrot Pudding
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups finely grated raw carrots
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dry, fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour (mixed with baking powder)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup currants
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup cream
- Pudding: Stir baking soda into buttermilk.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Blend
in buttermilk and baking soda. Spoon into a favorite mold or coffee can.
- Steam for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Check after 2 hours. Pudding should be moist,
- Serve with sauce.
- Sauce: Cream sugar and butter together. When light and fluffy, add egg yolks,
one at a time, mixing after each. Mix in cream. Cook in double boiler or over very
low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Warm when ready to serve. DO NOT
BOIL or it will separate. Serve on Steamed Carrot Pudding.
Serves 8 to 10.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes