Steamed Cranberry Pudding
- 2 cups cranberries, cut or sliced
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 3/4 sticks butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated
- 1 cup light cream or canned milk
- Pudding: Mix all together and steam for about one hour in greased tin cans filled
1/2 to 2/3 full. Cover with wax paper tied on loosely with string. This will keep
the water off the top of the pudding when steaming.
- Sauce: Cook in double boiler until sauce is blended. This takes quite a long
time. If you use the microwave, the sauce will blend in more quickly. Add vanilla
extract, rum or brandy to taste. Serve warm over pudding.