- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a bowl beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy. Add sour cream
and the 2 tablespoons brown sugar; beat until smooth.
- Reserve 1 berry for garnish;
halve remaining berries and arrange on bottom of a shallow, 8-inch round, broiler-proof
dish. Spoon cream cheese mixture over berries.
- Sieve remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes
or until sugar turns golden brown. Slice reserved berry; arrange atop dessert.
- Serve immediately.