Sweet Mascarpone Mousse
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 12 Girl Scout Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies (about half of a 9 ounce box), quartered
- 8 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon Frangelico liqueur
- 12 strawberries
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, for garnish
- Using a wooden spoon, beat mascarpone cheese in a large mixing bowl until very
- In top of a double boiler over simmering water, whisk egg yolks and sugar
until they reach 130 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Stir egg mixture
into cheese, mixing well.
- Chill mixture for 1 hour.
- Place 12 cookie quarters in the bottom of each of 4 dessert glasses. Pour 2 teaspoons
Frangelico over the cookies in each dish. Add 2 sliced strawberries to each glass.
Pour mascarpone mixture into glasses.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream until soft peaks form, add 1 tablespoon Frangelico and
continue beating until stiff peaks form. Garnish each glass with whipped cream and
a whole strawberry; serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 728 calories, 55 percent calories from
fat, 11 grams protein, 64 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams total fiber, 44 grams total
fat, 302 milligrams cholesterol, 152 milligrams sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes