- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix together sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Beat eggs until no white of egg shows.
Add egg mixture along with milk to dry mixture. Cook over medium heat until thick,
stirring constantly. When the pudding is thickened, stir in butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour into serving dish and refrigerate.
Lemon Pudding: Omit cocoa and increase flour
to 1 cup. Add 1/2 cup lemon juice. Omit vanilla extract.
Coconut Pudding: Omit cocoa and increase flour
to 1 cup. Add 1 cup coconut and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.