- 2 cups hot milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 or 3 tablespoons bourbon or sherry
- 1 (8 ounce) container heavy cream, whipped
- 1 pound cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat milk in top of double boiler. Do not boil. Add sugar with salt to beaten
eggs. Stir well. Stir flour with small amount of hot milk until smooth. Add egg
mixture to hot milk. Place over gently boiling water. Stir in flour mixture. Stir
often until mixture begins to thicken. It is done when the custard coats a silver
- Add bourbon and stir well. Whip cream until it holds peaks. Gently stir cream
into custard. Alternate with layers of pound cake in bite-size pieces, beginning
with cake and ending with custard.
- Chill die at least 1 hour before serving.
- Stale pound cake or a purchased cake may be used. Ladyfingers may be used instead
of pound cake.
- Line a glass bowl with split ladyfingers. Drizzle with sherry. Pour
in custard and top with whipped cream. Garnish with maraschino cherries.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes