Warm Key Lime Cake Pudding
This pudding tastes like warm Key lime pie.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice, preferable from Key limes
- 1 tablespoon
freshly grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat free skim milk
- Confectioners' sugar, if desired
- Whipped cream,
- Grated Key lime peel, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl at high speed until foamy (1 to 2 minutes). Continue
beating, gradually adding 1/4 cup sugar, until glossy and stiff peaks form (2 to
3 minutes). Set aside.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed,
scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add egg yolks, lime juice and 1 tablespoon lime
peel. Continue beating until well mixed. Add flour and salt. Continue beating until
well mixed. Stir in milk by hand. Gently stir in beaten egg whites.
- Pour mixture into ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Place casserole dish into
a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Place baking pan on oven rack; pour boiling water into
baking pan to 1/2-inch depth.
- Bake for 42 to 52 minutes or until golden brown. Remove
from water; cool at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Garnish with whipped
cream and grated lime peel, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.