Western Mountain Blueberry Custard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups all-purpose
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of nutmeg and confectioners' sugar
- Melt butter in a large baking dish or 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Blend remaining ingredients, except blueberries, in blender. Pour into preheated
baking dish of melted butter and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Bake at 425 degrees
F for 20 to 25 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Drizzle with hot jam or maple syrup. Sprinkle with nutmeg and confectioners'
Serves 6 to 8.
Source: Golden Dreams Bed and Breakfast, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada