White Chocolate Creme Brulee
- 4 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk egg yolks and sugar until smooth.
- In 2-quart saucepan,
bring whipping cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add white chocolate to simmering
whipping cream. Turn off heat and whisk until chocolate is melted. Add the cream
mixture to egg yolk mixture one tablespoon at a time, whisking continuously to prevent
eggs from scrambling. Whisk until smooth. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour into one 9-inch round baking pan. Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan or broiler pan.
Add enough water so the creme brûlée dish sits in 1 to 1 1/2 inches of water.
- Bake until set, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or refrigerate overnight. For a crunchy surface
on top, sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of sugar, and place under a broiler until caramelized.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 8/1/2001 10:49 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes