White Chocolate Mousse in a Dark
Chocolate Nest with Raspberry Coulis
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/2 pound white chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 sheet tray with melted chocolate spread evenly
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade of mint
- 1/2 cup whipped cream in a pastry bag with a star tip
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar in a hand sifter
- Chocolate shavings
- For the mousse: In a saucepan, bring the cream up to a simmer, add the white
chocolate and whisk completely melted. Pour the mixture into an electric mixing
- Refrigerate the mixture until cold, about 1 hour.
- For the coulis: Combine all the ingredients in a sauce pot and reduce the mixture
by half, over high heat. Puree the mixture with a hand-held mixer.
- Refrigerate the coulis until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chilled mousse mixture from the refrigerator. Using an electric mixer,
whip the mixture until fully whipped and peaks form.
- To assemble, make a puddle of the coulis in the center of the plate. Fill a chocolate
nest with the mousse. Pipe the whipped cream on the side of the nest to anchor the
nest to the plate.
- Garnish with the mint, powdered sugar and chocolate shavings.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 1/15/2002 9:57 am.