- 2 envelopes gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Soften the gelatine in cold water for five minutes and then add the boiling water
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Add the salt to the whites when foamy and gradually
beat in the sugar. Make sure not to under beat the whites. Fold the gelatin mixture
into the beaten whites. Take care to do this before the gelatin begins to set and
- Beat the cream until stiff and add vanilla extract. Fold cream
into the egg whites.
- Rub the bottom and sides of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan with butter. Sprinkle
bottom with 1/2 of the coconut and pour in the cream mixture. Sprinkle remaining
coconut on top, cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Serve with raspberry sauce or with melted seedless raspberry jam.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pudding, Mousse and Custard Recipes