This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
This is an old recipe dating before use of brandied fruit made with "starter."
It is delicious over vanilla ice cream and also makes a pretty holiday gift.
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricots
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach halves
- 1 (20 ounce) can
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mandarin
- 1 cup brandy or Bourbon
- Let fruit drain for 12 hours.
- For every cup of drained fruit add 1/2 cup sugar.
Let stand for 12 hours.
- Add 1 cup brandy or Bourbon.
- Put into jars and store in refrigerator.
- Ready to serve in 3 weeks.
Yields barely 1/2 gallon.