This is an old recipe dating before use of brandied fruit made with "starter."
It is delicious over vanilla ice cream and also makes a pretty holiday gift.
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricots
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach halves
- 1 (20 ounce) can
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mandarin
- 1 cup brandy or Bourbon
- Let fruit drain for 12 hours.
- For every cup of drained fruit add 1/2 cup sugar.
Let stand for 12 hours.
- Add 1 cup brandy or Bourbon.
- Put into jars and store in refrigerator.
- Ready to serve in 3 weeks.
Yields barely 1/2 gallon.