Brown Sugar Rum Sauce
Serve over fresh pineapple, sliced pears, peaches, or any other fresh fruit.
It has a creamy texture and a sweet taste.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons rum
- Freshly-grated nutmeg (to garnish)
- Beat egg yolks until thick, then gradually beat in 1/4 cup of the brown sugar;
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, and gradually beat in remaining
1/4 cup brown sugar.
- Fold egg yolk mixture into meringue.
- Whip cream until stiff
and stir in rum. Fold into egg mixture.
- Spoon into a sauceboat and garnish with
- Chill until ready to serve.