Caramel Sauce 2
This is delicious served with puddings, sponge cake, angel food cake or ice cream,
and keeps indefinitely in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 pound butter
- 2 cups milk, heated
- 1 1/2 cups
- 2 heaping tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chopped pecans or almonds (optional)
- Put the 1 cup granulated sugar in a cast iron skillet and stir constantly over medium-low heat until
it turns a golden brown.
- Add butter to browned sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add the hot milk and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar mixed with the flour.
- Add enough extra milk to make a smooth mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and cook until thick.
- This may be served warm or cold. Chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
may be served on top of this sauce.