Caramel Sauce 2
This is delicious served with puddings, sponge cake, angel food cake or ice cream,
and keeps indefinitely in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 pound butter
- 2 cups milk, heated
- 1 1/2 cups
- 2 heaping tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chopped pecans or almonds (optional)
- Put the 1 cup granulated sugar in a cast iron skillet and stir constantly over medium-low heat until
it turns a golden brown.
- Add butter to browned sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add the hot milk and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar mixed with the flour.
- Add enough extra milk to make a smooth mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and cook until thick.
- This may be served warm or cold. Chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
may be served on top of this sauce.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Topping Recipes