This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Sauce with Variations
- 2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup boiling
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate in a glass or enamel double boiler. Stir in butter, then boiling
water, then sugar and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Serve warm after making or reheat in a microwave
oven for 1 minute on HIGH.
- To store, pour into sterilized glass jars. Allow sauce to cool before refrigerating.
Chocolate Sauce will keep for 6 months.
Add any of the following flavorings in place of, or in addition to, the vanilla
1 teaspoon orange extract or 1/3 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon mint extract
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1/8 cup crushed raspberries, crushed
strawberries, chopped raisins or nuts
1 tablespoon Creme de Menthe or Coffee