Cinnamon Pecan Pie Topping
Pecan pie filling gets new life outside the pie. Served alongside warmed Brie,
hot waffles or freshly scooped vanilla ice cream, this crunchy topping is the ultimate
in dessert decadence.
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 3 tablespoons butter,
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Rum Flavor
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add pecans;
toast for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat
- Stir remaining 1 tablespoon butter, corn syrup, water, vanilla extract, rum flavor
and brown sugar mixture into skillet. Cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture
is heated through.
- Remove from heat. (Mixture with thicken as it cools.)
- Serve at room temperature.
5 mins Prep time | 12 mins Cook time
Yield: 1 1/2 cups or 12 (2-tablespoon)
Serving Suggestions: Use topping over baked Brie cheese, ice cream, brownies,
hot waffles or pancakes.
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 169 Cholesterol: 8mg
Sodium: 86mg Protein: 1g Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Fiber: 1g Carbohydrate:
Photo credit: Caroline Edwards from Chocolate and Carrots.
Recipe and photo credit: