This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
This is great spooned over apple pie!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 cup cinnamon red hots or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup cinnamon red hots and
boiling water, and cook over low heat until thickened. If using ground cinnamon,
add it with cornstarch. Taste for spiciness and add more red hots to taste. (The
sauce will be a lovely light pink.)
- Add butter and stir until butter is melted.
- Serve over pudding or pie.