Crystal Vanilla Sauce
This is delicious served over ice cream or bread pudding, or served as a syrup
over pancakes or waffles.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla
bean into the pan, add the bean, then bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
a few times to help dissolve the sugar crystals.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Strain sauce through a fine sieve.
- Reserve the vanilla bean for another purpose.