Easy Dulce De Leche
- 1 (14 ounce/400 gr) can sweetened condensed milk
- Few flecks sea salt
- Pour sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) into a glass pie plate or
shallow baking dish. Stir in sea salt.
- Set the pie plate within a larger pan, such as a roasting pan, and add hot water
until it reaches halfway up the side of the pie plate.
- Cover the pie plate snugly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
(Check a few times during baking and add more water to the roasting
- Pan as necessary).
- When the Dulce de Leche is nicely browned and caramelized, remove from the oven
and let cool. When cool, whisk until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Warm gently in a warm water bath or microwave oven before using.
Makes about 1 cup (250ml).
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.