Grand Marnier Sauce
This sauce is good over a colorful bowl of mixed fruits or over fresh berries.
- 5 egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Grand
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Beat egg yolks until light in the top of a double boiler.
- Beat in 3/4 cup sugar
and place over simmering water, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and beat until cool.
- Add Grand Marnier and refrigerate until
- Whip cream just until it begins to chicken, then add 1 tablespoon sugar. Continue
beating until cream is medium thick but will still pour.
- Fold into egg sauce and
pour into a serving dish.
- Chill until serving time, or freeze.
- Serve over fresh fruit.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.