Java Walnut Sauce
Serve over ice cream or cake.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 3 cups hot
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup broken walnuts
cup butter or margarine, softened
- In a heavy 10-inch skillet melt sugar slowly over low heat until golden brown,
stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Dissolve coffee crystals in hot water; carefully
stir into melted sugar. Heat and stir over low heat until the sugar re-dissolves.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch; stir into sugar mixture. Cook and stir until
mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in walnuts and
butter or margarine.
- Pour into three (1-cup) heatproof glass jars.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve chilled or slowly reheat in a saucepan.
Makes 3 cups.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dessert Topping Recipes