Terrific on fresh pineapple, fruit salad, ice cream and other desserts.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup white corn syrup
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated orange
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir sugar, syrup and water until dissolved. Boil without stirring to a firm
boil (thread stage of 248 degrees F on candy thermometer).
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites
with salt until stiff, then slowly add hot syrup, beating until thick and fluffy.
- Blend in mayonnaise, orange rind and vanilla extract.